Sunday, March 15, 2009

NOSTALGIA














I went to my local record store a few days ago. I stood there looking for something new in the recordtrays and suddenly the guy behind the cashdesk plays a record with the song Nostalgia. I hadn´t heard it before so I asked him what it was. Apparently the song´s name couldn´t have been more suitable.

"It just came in" he said. "Haven´t heard this since the early 80´s". And he smiled like he got reminded of something beautiful and sad at the same time.

It was the album The Fan And The Bellows, containing early recordings from The Chameleons (sometimes called The Chameleons UK) . I guess bands like Interpol and Editors have picked up a few things from them. They´ve got the same mood and everything, but Chameleons feels a bit more alternative, a bit more narrow.

Anyway, I listened to a few more songs together with the nostalgic recordman. Then I bought the record and went home. Here´s two songs from it.

The Chameleons - Nathan´s Phase
The Chameleons - Nostalgia

No comments: